Aktivitas Penghambatan Xantin Oksidase pada Ekstrak Daun Sirih Hitam (Piper sp)
Hyperuricemia is a condition in which increased levels of uric acid in the blood. Xanthine oxidase role in the oxidation of hypoxanthine and xanthine to uric acid. One treatment of hyperuricemia is inhibiting xanthine oxidase in the process of formation of uric acid. The purpose of this study to determine the inhibitory activity of xanthine oxidase in the ethanol extract of black betel leaf (Piper sp). Xanthine oxidase inhibitory activity test using UV-Vis spectrophotometry in vitro with a concentration of 5 ppm, 10 ppm and 20 ppm. The data obtained were analyzed using one-way ANOVA. The result is the ethanol extract of black betel leaf has a different activity significantly and IC50 values obtained is 65.96 ppm.
2. Hastuty, R.K. 2011. IdentifikasiMetabolitSekunderdanUjiToksisitasdenganMetodeBSLT. SkripsiFakultasFarmasiUniversitasMulawarman.Samarinda.
3. Owen, P.L. & Johns, T. (1999). Xanthine oxidase inhibitory activityof northeastern North American plant remedies used for gout.Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 64, 149–160.
4. Kong, L.D., Cai, Y., Huang, W.W., Cheng, C.H. & Tan, R.X.(2000). Inhibition of xanthine oxidase by some Chinese medicinalplants used to treat gout. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 73, 199–207.
5. Costantino, L., Albasini, A., Rastelli, G. &Benvenuti, S. (1992).Activity of polyphenolic crude extracts as scavengers of superoxideradicals and inhibitors of xanthine oxidase. PlantaMedica, 58,342–344.
6. Cakir, A., Mavi, A., Yildirim, A., Duru, M.E., Harmandar, M. &Kazaz, C. (2003). Isolation and characterization of antioxidantphenolic compounds from the aerial parts of HypericumhyssopifoliumL. by activity-guided fractionation. Journal of Ethnopharmacology,87, 73–83.
7. Hatano, T., Yasuhara, T., Yoshihara, R., Agata, I., Noro, T. & Okuda,T. (1990). Effects of interaction of tannins with co-existing substances.Inhibitory effects of tannins and related polyphenols on xanthine oxidase. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 38, 1224–1229.